Sunday, July 10, 2011

Maybe they'll end this madness if we just stop having sex with them!

Liberal Ladies and the fabulous Gents who love us , this is a reprint of an article I wrote about 3 months ago. I think that it's even more relevant now given all of this awful legislation.....Just a thought:)

"Lysistrata, open up the bedroom door
What is the matter, ain't you in love with me no more?
I enlisted in the army today
One more time before I march away
Make me feel like a big strong man

You say you don't care about my pride
You love me too much just to let me die
And you won't let me come inside
Unless I don't go to war no more

Lysistrata, little boys like to have their fun
And you know I gotta put on my colors and get my gun
Every able bodied man that I know
Every patriot is packed to go

Won't you give me a last goodbye
I'll be sent off to a distant land
to spill my blood upon some foreign sand
And I may die by an enemy's hand
And then I won't go to war no more, war no more and no
Then I won't go to war no more

Send the boys all back to the farm
Tell the troops it was a false alarm
'Cause if I die I wanna be in your arms
And so I won't go to war, no, I won't go to war
Said I won't go to war no more"

Lyrics and music by Utopia


Lysistrata was a play that was originally conceived and performed in Athens in 411 BC. I remember when I first read it, I was dumbstruck by it's hilarity and wondered what would happen if such a strategy was implemented today. A comedy of epic proportions , Lysistrata is the story of a woman's inspired attempt to bring a swift close to The Peloponnesian War. Lysistrata successfully convinces the women of Greece to withhold sexual privileges from their husbands and lovers so to bring about the desperate conditions that would force the men to swiftly overcome their differences and choose peace. It's a Greek comedy full of fabulous manipulations , explicit sexual exoticism and lots of bawdy language and the premise is brilliant.

Remembering Lysistrata and thinking about the heinous assault that women's rights are currently enduring in our statehouses all over the country I'm left wondering whether or not we should all band together and implement as simple strategy as she did. Truthfully they can't and shouldn't have it both ways. Why should we give the men of this country unfettered access to our bodies when they don't respect them and are trying to take away our rights to them? So, my thought is simple....Women of America... as much as the thought pains me perhaps we should go on sexual strike. Even if you're like me and you have a great man who supports your rights to choose, a statement made by all of us is a huge one. I see no reason at all that we can't end this madness in as simple fashion as this and the good ones will stand right by our sides....my husband reluctantly thinks that it's actually a very effective idea:)

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty fed up and ready to take action...Don't worry, if we actually did this it would probably only take about a week:)


No comments:

Post a Comment